Volunteer for the
The Avon Descent is brought to you by Ephemera Events.
We are seeking volunteers to work closely with the Event Coordinator to arrange, coordinate and implement the 2018 Avon Descent.
- Liaising with many of the 20+ stakeholders of the event
- Managing multiple secondary events (Sponsor functions, Scrutineering, and Registration)
- Managing the entry process
- Key role on Event weekend
- Minimum of one day per week through to the end of August 2018. This will include being available over the 2018 Avon Descent weekend 4-5 August.
For anyone interested in Event Management, Communications and Public Relations this is an amazing opportunity to gain hands on industry experience in a high profile environment, boost your resume and be exposed to networking opportunities.
Know that your efforts will make a difference!
If you want to write, we want to hear from you!
Earn valuable experience and have your work published on our website and social media pages.
Some of the things you might write about include:
- Competitor profiles
- Volunteer profiles
- Promotions and secondary events
- Event tips and guidelines
The Marketing and Communications volunteers will be working on the implementation of the marketing plan.
- e-Newsletter creation and distribution
- Photographer coordination
- Monthly marketing reports
- Media guide content
- Occasional media liaison duties
- Post-event reports
Graphic Design volunteers be responsible for liaising with major news organisations to promote this great event.
- Creation of event posters
- Bumper sticker design
- Event guide
- Compilation of media guide
- Online banners
Traffic Management includes liaising with local councils, community organisations and residents to ensure a clear and practical Traffic Management Plan is in place during Event Weekend.
- Communicating with stakeholders via email and phone to establish involvement and materials required
- Submitting appropriate applications for approval
- Preparing Traffic Management documentation and maps
- Allocating signage
There are lots of volunteer roles for those who can only help over Event Weekend!
- Parking attendants
- Administration assistance at Registration (Friday)
- Sponsorship host/hostess
- Selling merchandise